There is a vacancy in the Ward 3 seat on the Raymore City Council due to the resignation of Richard Hall, effective July 26, 2013. The Council will receive applications for the position until 5 p.m. on Wednesday, July 31, 2013, at Raymore City Hall.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
• Must be at least 25 years of age
• Must be a registered voter in Ward 3
• Must have been a resident of the City for a minimum of two years
• Must have been a resident of Ward 3 for a minimum of six months
• Must not be in arrears for any tax, lien, forfeiture or defalcation of office
• Must not hold any compensated elected governmental office
• Must not have been convicted of a felony
• Must not be employed by the City of Raymore
The City Council, by majority vote of all of its remaining members, shall appoint a qualified person to fill the vacancy until the next regular municipal election in April 2014, at which time the seat shall be up for election for a two-year term.
After the deadline for applications, the Council shall give public notice of those persons who applied for the position and will hold a public meeting at 7 p.m. on August 5, 2013, at Raymore City Hall to interview applicants and receive information from Ward 3 residents who are eligible to vote. Thereafter, the Council will appoint a qualified applicant to fill the vacancy or, if the Council finds no qualified person has applied, repeat the foregoing process until a qualified applicant has been appointed.
Applications are available on the City’s Web site at http://www.raymore.com/CouncilApplication-Ward3, or in the office of the City Clerk, Raymore City Hall, 100 Municipal Circle. Questions may be directed to the City Clerk at 816-331-3324.