PECULIAR | The following residents have declared their candidacy for office in the City of Peculiar:
• Mayor: Holly Stark, Kimberly Mallinson, Michael Gallagher,
• Ward 1: Kelsie McCrea
• Ward 2: Donald Turner (incumbent)
• Ward 3: Kristina Vassar, Jerry Ford
RAYMORE | The following residents have declared their candidacy for the office of City Councilmember:
• Ward 1: Jeffrey Stevens (incumbent)
• Ward 2: Derek Moorhead (incumbent)
• Ward 3: Jay Holman
• Ward 4: Sonja Abdelgawad (incumbent), Bob West
Each of the City’s four wards will elect one candidate to serve a two-year term on the Council. A map showing the ward boundaries and polling locations may be found online at http://www.raymore.com/wardmap.
For additional information, call the City Clerk’s office at 816-331-3324.
RAY-PEC SCHOOL BOARD | A sixth candidate filed for Ray-Pec School Board on Tuesday, January 21, the final day for candidates to file for the April 8 election. There are three positions available with three-year terms. Candidates (listed in order of filing) are:
• Barbara A. Boucher of Peculiar
• Ruth Johnson of Peculiar
• Kim York of Raymore
• Melinda Houdyshell of Raymore
• Tonya Long of Peculiar
• Mary DuBray of Raymore.
Board members whose terms expire in 2014 are Kyle Gillespie, Ruth Johnson, and Kim York.