On this weekend, the city, county and state will be waiving sales taxes on all qualifying purchases. The goal is give parents and students an opportunity to save same money on those much-needed back-to-school supplies and clothing.
“The sales tax holiday makes purchasing back-to-school supplies a little more affordable for our residents and those who come to Raymore to shop,” City Manager Jim Feuerborn said.
Shoppers could possibly save as much as 8.975% on their qualifying purchases while shopping in Raymore during the holiday weekend.
What purchases qualifies for the sales tax free weekend?
- Clothing – any article having a taxable value of $100 or less
- School supplies – not to exceed $50 per purchase
- Computer software – taxable value of $350 or less
- Personal computers – not to exceed $3,500
- Computer peripheral devices – not to exceed $3,500
For more information, visit the Missouri Department of Revenue’s website at http://www.dor.mo.gov.