Changes range from neighborhood vehicles to Airbnb services to animal control enforcement to beekeeping
During Monday’s city council work session, council members and city leaders discussed potential changes to the city code, including definitions of certain vehicles.
The Planning and Zoning Commission may consider some of the following suggested amendments in the coming weeks:
• Section 280.020 accidentally lists noise ordinance hours from 10 p.m. to 7 p.m. The code should read from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
• Section 300.020 will change the definition of low-speed vehicle to neighborhood vehicle (e.g. golf carts).
• Section 341.020 lists requirements for neighborhood vehicle equipment and registration. Two more requirements are being discussed: 1) windshields must conform to federal standards and 2) must have vehicle identification number or serial number.
• Regarding animal control, new language will give enforcement more teeth, including for impoundment for abandonment, abuse and neglect.
• Animal license requirements will be removed.
• Fencing for animals will also have language more up to date. Specifically, in-ground electric fences and the sort.
• Currently, screening for utility boxes is different for commercial and residential areas. Changes will make screening more uniform.
• Swimming pools are required to have a gate and fence. Gates must open outwards away from pool according to current code. New language will allow gates to open in either direction.
• Beekeeping was the topic of one suggested amendment. Currently, there is no code addressing beekeeping. The city is entertaining the idea of adding a new code addressing the issue of beekeeping in residential areas.
• Another new item being discussed is short-term rentals, e.g. Airbnb. No details were given as discussions are ongoing.
• Tightening the parameters of blasting activity was on the agenda and may be discussed in future meetings.
For over 20 years, GreenTie.com continues to be named the Best Website Design Firm in both Kansas and Missouri. Let the online support team at GreenTie.com help evolve your website to become your most effective marketing arm.
TLC Family Dentistry is locally owned and has proudly been serving patients for over 40 years. TLC Family Dentistry is a full-service dental practice providing a wide range of services to support the families of Lee’s Summit, Blue Springs, Raymore, and Peculiar.
Your accountant’s role is to look backward - to report where you’ve been. Our Virtual CFO’s will look forward to help determine where you should go. Let’s brainstorm on your business’s cash flow issues and development a roadmap to help mitigate any negative impacts.
Starting a new business is an exciting leap of faith, but every business owner will emphasize the importance of having a long-term financing partner. KCB has over 100 years of supporting the businesses and farmers throughout Kansas and Missouri. Visit our website to brainstorm on the best financial solutions for your business objectives.
© All rights reserved. Website Design Firm GreenTie.com